Kimberlite Digital Marketing Affiliate Program Policies
All Kimberlite Digital Marketing Affiliates are required to complete agreement and remain in compliance with these terms. This list contains everything you need to know to be a Kimberlite Digital Marketing affiliate, including resources, recommendations, and some fun legal stuff.
If you’re not yet part of the Kimberlite Digital Marketing Affiliate Program, you can apply here.
If you ever need anything else or have questions, feel free to reach out to the team at [email protected] Digital Marketing.com
- Commission Rates. Available commissions are set forth in the Affiliate Tool. Commissions may be based on either purchase or signup (not both), and purchase commissions may be calculated based on monthly or annual purchases at the rates set forth in the Affiliate Tool.
- For purchase commissions, you will receive commission for the first purchase made by a new customer who is not in an active sales process with us at the time of the affiliate link click.
- The customer needs to be an active customer for the locking period in the Affiliate Tool.
- Commissions will still be counted if a user starts on one domain and then signs up or purchases on another Kimberlite Digital Marketing domain.
- Affiliate links may rely on cookies to track referrals. Therefore if cookies get cleared, we may not be able to track these events.
- Cookie windows are stated in the Affiliate Tool.
- Only affiliate links can be used to track referrals. Incorrect use of affiliate links will cause inability to track referrals.
- Fraudulent or stolen attribution is a non payable event. If we suspect fraud (for example, if we see that signups are all from the same city or IP address) we may require you to prove that the referrals are valid.
There are a number of other limitations that may result in commission not being paid – we encourage you to read the Marketing Affiliate Program Agreement for more information on this.
- Upgrades/downgrades. You do not receive additional commission if a customer upgrades to a higher tiered product in the future. If a customer downgrades, you will receive the commission associated with that downgrade.
- Attribution. In the event a single customer clicks two different affiliate links, the last affiliate gets the credit. We do, however, reserve the right to modify this in certain circumstances.
Promoting Kimberlite Digital Marketing
- Kimberlite Digital Marketing Branding
Capitalize the “K, D and S” in “Kimberlite Digital Marketing”. You’d be surprised at how many times that doesn’t happen. Sigh.
You must follow our style guide, our Trademark Usage Guidelines here, and our Content Usage Guidelines here.
Use false or misleading statements on the benefits of using Kimberlite Digital Marketing (e.g. “Get rich quick with Kimberlite Digital Marketing”).
Modify or adjust the Kimberlite Digital Marketing wordmark or sprocket logo in any sort of marketing material you might create, including the creation of any visual badges or dual-logo lockups.
- What to call yourself
As we have multiple ways to partner with Kimberlite Digital Marketing and several ways to reference those relationships, here are some guidelines around what you can and cannot call yourself within the Kimberlite Digital Marketing Affiliate Program.
Do: Say you’re a “Kimberlite Digital Marketing Marketing Affiliate” or “Marketing Affiliate”.
Do Not: Refer to yourself as a Partner or that you’ve “partnered with Kimberlite Digital Marketing.” This includes press releases, references in videos, listings on your website, or in any other marketing material you may be using.
- Buying Ads
You will not purchase ads that direct to your site(s) or through an affiliate link that could be considered as competing with Kimberlite Digital Marketing’s own advertising, including, but not limited to, our branded keywords. If running ads, you need to direct the ad to your own website (and not to Kimberlite Digital Marketing.com).
Policies that don’t fit into the other buckets
- Survey Participation: We would encourage you to participate in any affiliate-specific NPS surveys, industry surveys, marketing surveys, etc. as we request.
- Sharing Placements: When requested, you’ll share the places you’ve used your affiliate link. This includes, but is not limited to, links, screenshots, and email sends.
- Purchasing Kimberlite Digital Marketing yourself: One of the benefits of the Affiliate Program is we don’t require you to purchase Kimberlite Digital Marketing products. Though if you decide to purchase, we require that you do not use your own affiliate link.
- App Partner Program: When promoting Kimberlite Digital Marketing for the App Partner Program, you are not allowed to use an affiliate link.
- Solutions Partner Program: If you’re also part of one of Kimberlite Digital Marketing’s other commission programs, you will only receive commission for either that program or the affiliate program depending on whether you registered the lead or the customer went through your affiliate link. When working with clients, you are not allowed to use your affiliate link. You must join the Solutions Partner Program to refer clients.
- You must be FTC compliant and disclose in a clear way before the affiliate link that you will receive commission if someone clicks through and purchases.